Florida Speed Shooting Association, Inc.
1. SAFETY is the first order !! Weapon handling is not allowed in the parking lot or behind the firing line. A safety area is provided for weapon handling and is the only area aside from the firing line under the direction of a Range Officer that a weapon may be handled. We operate under a " Cold Range", do not arrive with a loaded weapon or navigate the range with a loaded weapon.
SAFETY AND COMMON SENSE IS EVERYONE'S JOB.
2. What happens at Florida Speed Shooting Association match?
Five stages are set up with each stage being shot 5 times. Only the fastest 4 times are recorded. Each stage consists of anywhere from 2 to 5 steel non-reactive plates (plates that do not fall over). Each stage will have one stop plate (last plate shot) and the rest are shot according to the course of fire. There are no scoring zones on the plates, so a partial impact will count as a score-able hit. No stage requires more than 5 rounds minimum to complete that stage, therefore stages are revolver friendly and mandatory reloads are not required; naturally this is based on your shooting proficiency.
3. When and where are the matches held?
Matches are held the fourth Sunday of every month, beginning at 0800 hours, deadline for registration is 0930. The matches are held at Markham Park Target Range in Broward County, on the Broward Sheriff's Office range.
4. What do I need to bring?
5. How much is the match registration fee?
6. Is there a minimum experience level required so I can participate ?
We are a teaching club, however you will need some basic knowledge on the fundamentals of pistol shooting and manipulation. You will not need any competitive shooting experience, you will learn that here. Should you desire basic shooting instruction, you will need to contact us in advance for an appointment .
Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you at the next match.
Until then, Stay Safe,