Well some good news, Broward County has opened the ranges for club activity. However with some restrictions.
Registration will be done via email, opening on Friday at 1200hrs prior to the match and closes Saturday 1200hrs. First come first serve and NO walk on’s. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a confirmation with a time slot to show up. If you want to shoot with a group(maximum of 5 persons per group) one email will suffice but include all names and emails.
With that some bad news, there maybe an increase in match fees. Trying to avoid this but if we can only run 35 shooters I don’t see a way around it. More to come on this.
See below for a list of ‘rules’ that we will be required to abide by and dictated by the County. Some additional comments provided at the bottom per our discretion to simplify the process.
As a side note, it appears the park is not opening till 0800hrs so keep that in mind.
PLEASE READ BELOW
Rifle/Pistol Range Rental Reopening Plan 9-23-20 (BROWARD COUNTY)
To reopen Rifle/Pistol club events and follow CDC Guidelines and applicable Emergency Orders, they will operate as follows:
Activities still not permitted: Use of Buildings/Shotgun Hall.
- The occupancy of the range shall not exceed 50% of the total capacity of the facility which shall be 35 for the 50-yard range, 50 for the 100-yard range. To prevent gathering in the parking lot this will be a registration limit for the day.
- Unless actively shooting, facial coverings will be worn at all times. Members will be encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Shoot sizes will be limited to maintain social distancing and adhere to allowed gathering limits.
- Squad size will be limited to 10, including the score keeper/timer.
- Members will not handle/touch other member’s personal items except for safety concerns.
- Common use items will be frequently sanitized.
- No cash or check transactions- Payment to the county will be made by credit card only.
- Registrations should be done online when feasible, if on-site registration is required, the club is responsible for ensuring the registration is done outside of the building and registration should be done in a manner that prevents congregating.
- Water and/or ice will not be provided by the county; members are encouraged to bring their own beverages.
- Only the South restrooms will be available for use and only 2 people will enter the restroom at any given time.
- All members will sign an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISKS AND RELEASE/WAIVER OF LIABILITY RELATED TO COVID-19 upon their first visit. Club designee is responsible for ensuring all members sign the waiver and will submit the completed waivers to a Range Officer prior to the start of their event.
ONLY COMPETITORS ON THE RANGE. NO GUESTS OR SPECTATORS. WHEN YOU ARE DONE, YOU DON’T HAVE TO GO HOME BUT YOU CANT STAY ON THE RANGE.
PLEASE KEEP EXCESSIVE SOCIALIZING TO A MINIMUM. WE NEED TO GET FOLKS IN AND OUT TO AFFORD TIME FOR OTHER FOLKS TO SHOOT.
WHILE ON THE RANGE, SHOOTERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO MAKE USE OF THE ENTIRE PAVILION TO MAINTAIN PHYSICAL DISTANCING. FAMILIES / GROUPS THAT ARRIVE TOGETHER MAY SHARE COMMON AREAS.